What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is an innovative program designed to improve primary care and strengthen the patient-provider relationship. Once a health center is certified as PCMH, it must follow a set of standards for patient care, coordinated teamwork, and tracking and coordinating patient care over time.
Ilion, Rushville, and Utica, our level 3 PCMH-recognized health centers, foster individual long-term healing relationships by creating partnerships between patients and their Mosaic Health providers, care coordinators, and when appropriate, the patient’s family. Patients get the care they need when they need it, in the language they speak, and in a culturally appropriate manner.
How does a patient-centered medical home approach benefit me?
You will receive more personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care as a result of a more personal relationship with your Mosaic Health provider and the entire clinical care team assigned to you. Mosaic Health providers should:
- Be accessible when you need care or have a question
- Provide timely clinical advice by secure electronic messaging during office hours
- Offer same day appointments and after-hours care
- After-hours care may not be delivered by your personal provider
- Communicate in plain language you clearly understand your health situation
- Use latest information technology to prescribe, communicate, track test results, obtain clinical support information, and monitor performance
- Ensure quality and safety
- Use evidence-based guidelines for preventive, acute and chronic care management, including medication management
- Provide self-care management support and tools
As the patient, what is my role on this team?
Because the patient experience is a critical component of determining the quality of care that is given, health centers give more prominence to patient engagement in the team approach to managing your health and recovery. You will actively participate in decision-making and provide feedback to be sure your expectations are being met.